Here are the steps Dixie Electric follows to restore your power after an outage – large or small:
- High-voltage transmission lines must be restored first because they supply power from the generating plant to substations.
- Substations step down the power for residential and commercial use. Damage at a substation must be repaired next.
- Three-phase lines must be repaired next. Three-phase lines carry the power from the substation to businesses, industries and residences. These lines get the most people back on and are necessary to carry electric energy to the remainder of the system.
- Single-phase lines are restored next. Single-phase lines distribute electricity from the substations or three-phase lines to homes and businesses.
- Lastly, service lines are restored. Service lines supply electricity to individual homes.
Want to learn more about power restoration? Here is a three minute video.